Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Arrival !!!

Got up very early this morning, went to the airport and conned South African Airways into changing my ticket.






Killed some time in the gift shop !!





Took this photo on approach to landing at Beira (pronounced bay-rah) Mozambique. The terrain fly over South Africa was mostly desert. Mozambique on the other hand is a lush green savannah. The climate is tropical. Reminds me of the weather in Can Cun, Mexico.





Finally arriving in Mozambique after three days of flying. After clearing immigration I was met by my driver and taken to the offices of my host.



Later in the afternoon we drove to Chimoio where I will be working. I'll be at this location for the next ten days, so I am setting up camp in my hotel room, working on the blog and watching a movie on the TV-- "Farris Bueler's Day Off " with subtitles.

Tomorrow the work startes in earnest.

1 comment:

steve said...

Glad you made it safely Pat.