Monday, May 28, 2012

Tbilisi, Georgia......Arrival


HELLO EVERYONE !!!

This is my first post from Tbilisi, Georgia. It is 2am local time and I cannot sleep because of jet lag (it is 3 pm in California). So I thought I would work on the blog and bring you up to date. My trip from California was a good one, but it did get off to a rocky start. My flight was delayed three hours leaving Fresno because of rain in San Francisco. (you can easily fly around the world.......but you have to get out of Fresno first !) The flight from San Francisco to London was uneventful and I had a good fours to make my connection to Tbilisi. We stopped in Baku, Azerbaijan to let off some passengers. Then on to Tbilisi arriving at midnight local time. It was a breeze to get through immigration control and when I got to the lobby there was a person holding up a sign with my name on it. I figured he was there to pick me up and probably was not a bounty hunter. Actually, that is the best sight in the world when you have made a long trip in to a foreign country and there is someone there waiting to greet you. My greeter took me to a very nice hotel and I settled in for much needed sleep. Tomorrow I will go to check in with my host, CNFA, and start to organize the visit.

I will try to keep up with the posts and add pictures as time and access to the Internet allows. I am also having trouble with my Dell Dinosaur laptop. It is getting to be lot like me. (works sometimes) . So if I don't post, don't worry.

I have also added a new Button "Translate" to the left side of the blog. This will translate the text of the blog into many foreign languages.

Cheers 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hallo uncle hope that everything is going well for you. I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

hallo papy I hope you have the best trip I have problems with my email I love you take care you wife ROSY

Al T. said...

Pat,
Good to hear that all went well with your flight. I look forward to your postings on the progress of the cold storage project.
Al

carolina said...

I enjoyed reading your texts and viewing the beautiful photography.
seems like they will be needing your services. I know how valuable you would be to them.